Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Through the ups and downs

The last few days have been interesting.   Life is just keeping me on my toes, and I am so thankful to have a practice that helps me maintain balance.  At the center of the practice is Bhakti, devotion for the divine.  This line really sank in yesterday as I was chanting it.  It is from the great Bhavani Ashtakam written by Adi Shankaracharyaji.

So, what keeps you going on the tough days???

For me it's the Love of Maa Shakti.

Anandho dharidro jara roga yuktho
Maha ksheena dheena sada jaadya vakthra
vipathou pravishta pranashata sadhaham
Gatishistwam Gatishtwam twam ekaa Bhavani


While being an orphan
While being extremely poor
while effected by sickness or old age
while I am terribly tired
while I am in a pitiable state
while I am being swallowed by my problems
and while I suffer serious danger
I always bow before Thee
So you are my refuge and only refuge, Bhavani

1 comment:

  1. In one word - yoga. In more words - stopping and taking a time out from whatever is getting me down and taking some deep breaths. Knowing that whatever it is is not forever.

    ReplyDelete