Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bhagavad Gita on My Mind

I took a walk today in the lovely midwest fall.  The crisp breeze was blowing through the few leaves left in the trees.  I was quite happy to walk by the lake and silently repeat my mantra.

When I stopped to rest, I thought of this sutra from the Bhagavad Gita, 
Chapter 6 v.30

yo mam pasyati sarvatra
sarvam ca mayi pasyati
tasya ham na pranasyami
sa ca me na pranasyati

Those who see Me in all things,
and all things in Me,
are never lost to Me,
nor am I ever lost to them.

I picked a nice quiet park bench and crossed my legs underneath me, tucking in my toes to keep them warm.  I listened to the breeze through the trees, watched the waves across the lake, and smiled at the women walking past with their dog.  For a split second I had that wonderful feeling that we have all had at some point in our lives, that there is a profound unity that underlies everything.  I closed my eyes and sat a bit longer, feeling the passing of life all around me....and just swimming in the joy of it all.

Jay Shiv Shakti


Jay Shri Rajarajeshvari


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. My mother and sister walked Lake Harriet today: that made me think that maybe someday you will all be near each other and it gladdens my heart :)
    I love reading your joy!

    xoxoxo,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete