Saturday, September 25, 2010

Gita Goodness and Yoga at the Farm House

It was a long drive out through the country last night, with miles in between each stop sign on the lonely road.  I went to teach a class at a beautiful farm house that was tucked between vegetable gardens, the yellow and red trees of fall, and a still pond.

It was so quiet I could hear the wind blowing through the grass and the footsteps of the dog as it walked softly on the porch.  The full moon shinned down through the skylights and cast a soft glow on the practice floor as we finished our Pranayamas and recalled our Sankalpha for the last time.

They were are an amazingly beautiful group of women; friendly, light hearted, and a joy to share sadhana with.

When ever I experience beauty that stops in me in my tracks, that makes me catch my breath and thank God for this moment I think of a line from the Bhagavad Gita.  In chapter 10 v.41 Bhagvan Krishnaji says:

yad-yad vibhutimat sattvam
srimad urjitam eva va
tad-tad eva vagaccha tvam
mama tejomsasambhavam

Know that all beautiful, glorious and might creations spring from but a spark of My splendor

It's these moments that drive my practice.  I wonder, if I can find this much beauty and glory in my common day, what glory and splendor will I find in God?

Jay Shiv Shakti

No comments:

Post a Comment