Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ahhhh! Black Friday!

As many rush out to do x-mas shopping, I will do mine sitting at home on the computer.  When I think about celebrating the birth of Christ I think of the compassion he extended to all, not consumer electronics.  So, instead of dumping more "stuff' into the lives of the people I love, I donate in their name to a charitable organization.  While there might be a few awkward moments when you tell your loved ones that you bought a lama in their name for a family in Peru, your gift could make a huge difference in someones life.  Chickens for a family in Cameron or a small business loan to a family in Bolivia, to me, pails in comparison to the latest gadget or shiny new shoes.

Below are links to the two charities that I have been donating to for some time.  Check them out, make a difference in someone's life, and have a great Holiday season!

1 comment: